MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
- Aug. 26 to 27, 2016
Ellis Fischel Cancer Symposium: Current Perspectives in Multi-Disciplinary Cancer Care
- Sept. 6 to 7, 2016
Agribusiness & Policy Symposium
- Sept. 15, 2016
4th Annual James and Nancy Cassidy Rheumatology Symposium
- Sept. 15, 2016
19th Annual Conference for Office and Clinic Nurses and Office Support Staff
- Sept. 26 to 30, 2016
Community Development Academy-Courses 1 and 3 Fall 2016
- Sept. 26 to 27, 2016
- Sept. 30 to Oct. 1, 2016
12th Annual Health Ethics - DigiHealth 2016: Health Ethics and Storytelling in a Digital Age
- Oct. 2 to 7, 2016
17th International Congress on Neutron Capture Therapy 2016
- Oct. 13, 2016
Missouri Tech Expo 2016
- Oct. 14 to 15, 2016
23rd Perioperative Clinical Update
- Oct. 27, 2016
2nd Perinatal Conference
This event has been canceled.
From Hoof to Hay Short Course (Session 1 of 3)
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Good Samaritans Boys Ranch
Jim D. Morris Building
5549 Missouri 13
Facility is located approximately one mile south of Brighton, east of hwy 13
Owning horses can be challenging- from selecting the most suitable breed to proper nutritional health and grazing management. This 3-night equine short course is an educational series designed for the beginner horse enthusiast or as a refresher course for the intermediate horse owner. This course will cover many aspects of horse ownership and will address the following questions:
* What breed of horse is most suited to my endeavors?
* What can I do to better manage my pastures and control weeds?
* What types of forages are best for my horse?
* How do I properly care for my horses hooves and meet her nutritional needs?
* What type of facilities do I need and how can I improve what I currently have?
* How can I improve safety while working with my horse?
* Can I afford to own a horse and is there ways to reduce ownership expenses?
Evening topics include:
Costs of Owning a Horse
Facilities and Equipment
Selection and Safety
Forage and Grazing Management
Registration forms may be obtained from your local MU Extension office.
$60 per pair. Each individual or couple will receive one notebook.