MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
- Feb. 18 to 20, 2016
Interface A 2016
- Feb. 21 to 23, 2016
Interface B 2016
- Feb. 25 to 27, 2016
Universities Fighting World Hunger Summit
- Feb. 27 to March 1, 2016
36th Annual Dialysis Conference
- March 2, 2016
Legislative Day - MU/MU Extension
- March 7 to May 6, 2016
Osher 2016 Spring Semester Registration
- March 17 to 18, 2016
Advanced Practice Assessment and Skills Workshop
- March 17 to 20, 2016
Maize Genetics Conference 2016
- March 22 to 25, 2016
National eXtension Conference 2016- Professional Development Track
- March 28 to April 1, 2016
Community Development Academy-Courses 1 and 2 Spring 2016
- March 29 to April 1, 2016
20th Central Hardwood Forest Conference 2016
- April 6, 2016
Scholastic Journalism Day 2016
- April 15, 2016
3rd Annual Missouri Central Region TCD Summit
- April 18 to 20, 2016
2016 Midwest Symposium on Therapeutic Recreation
- April 27 to 30, 2016
Afro-Cuban Artists: A Renaissance
- May 23 to 26, 2016
Pan American Current Research on Fluid Inclusions
- May 25 to 27, 2016
2016 IPG Symposium
- June 8 to 10, 2016
Cambio de Colores 2016
This event has been canceled.
From Hoof to Hay Short Course (Session 1 of 3)
Thursday, Oct. 3, 2013, 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Good Samaritans Boys Ranch
Jim D. Morris Building
5549 Missouri 13
Facility is located approximately one mile south of Brighton, east of hwy 13
Owning horses can be challenging- from selecting the most suitable breed to proper nutritional health and grazing management. This 3-night equine short course is an educational series designed for the beginner horse enthusiast or as a refresher course for the intermediate horse owner. This course will cover many aspects of horse ownership and will address the following questions:
* What breed of horse is most suited to my endeavors?
* What can I do to better manage my pastures and control weeds?
* What types of forages are best for my horse?
* How do I properly care for my horses hooves and meet her nutritional needs?
* What type of facilities do I need and how can I improve what I currently have?
* How can I improve safety while working with my horse?
* Can I afford to own a horse and is there ways to reduce ownership expenses?
Evening topics include:
Costs of Owning a Horse
Facilities and Equipment
Selection and Safety
Forage and Grazing Management
Registration forms may be obtained from your local MU Extension office.
$60 per pair. Each individual or couple will receive one notebook.