Be an Effective Council Member
Effective county extension councils are a prerequisite for an effective local extension program that meets the high-priority needs of people in the county. This training module explores the characteristics of effectiveness. As a result of completing this module, council members will:
- Identify characteristics of an effective extension council member
- Understand responsibilities as council member
- Identify information needs and available resources.
Handout plus trainer notes and council activity (PDF)
- Be an Effective Council Member (council handout) — Looks at characteristics of effectiveness and relationship to council responsibilities and examines council role in educational implementation and delivery, governance and membership.
- Trainer Notes and Council Activity - Hands-on activity to help council members explore their role, along with tips on delivering the curriculum. Includes PowerPoint Presentation with Speaker Notes.
PowerPoint presentation (PPT)
To print Speaker Notes, select "Notes Pages" under "Print What:" in print menu
Requires MS PowerPoint to run.