Seven great reasons for councils to increase income
- Because you desire to be even more relevant, responsive and reliable in delivering MU Extension’s mission in the county. Extension’s mission is nothing less than a brighter future for the county and its people.
- Because you may experience financial adversity in the future. Although we hope for the best, financial droughts happen, and we’ve learned in recent years that the future is uncertain.
- To prepare for the unexpected. The extension council in Jasper County didn’t plan on a tornado in 2011, for example.
- So you aren’t just maintaining, you’re growing. A council can’t grow when all of its money is used to maintain existing resources. Don’t wait until you have no other choice. Build proactively. Money attracts money.
- To live your council’s dreams. Thriving beats just surviving.
- To be financially free. When you are, you can think long-term rather than month-to-month.
- So you can respond proactively to opportunities.
Director of Donor Education Cynthia Crawford in cooperation with Director of Development Cat and County Council Coordinator Tony DeLong, 2013.