Monday, April 18, 2016FARMINGTON, Mo. – Prices stayed strong this year for beef heifers at the Show-Me Select Replacement Heifer sale, Farmington Auction Market, April 15.
Thursday, March 10, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The next 10 years could be difficult for farmers. That was the message of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) annual baseline report delivered to Congress on March 10.
Wednesday, March 2, 2016CUBA, Mo. – With 5 million heifers added to U.S. beef cow herd, Missourians must raise quality beef to compete, says a University of Missouri Extension specialist.
Monday, February 29, 2016FORSYTH, Mo. – Beef calves born early in the calving season are worth more. Ranch records show those economics. Research from the University of Missouri Thompson Farm shows how to get more calves born early in the season.
Thursday, February 25, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – In the last few years, farmers have seen record prices and high profitability. But that may not be the case in 2016, says University of Missouri Extension agricultural economist Scott Brown.
Media available: video
Monday, February 1, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The growing number of Americans opting for butter over margarine and other oils has given the U.S. dairy industry a much-needed boost.
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G601, Agricultural Commodity Futures Contract Specifications
- G602, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Futures
- G603, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Options
- G604, Commodity Futures Terminology
- G605, Interpreting Commodity Futures and Options Price Quotes
- G606, An Introduction to Basis
- G607, Long Hedge Example With Futures
- G608, Short Hedge Example With Futures
- G609, Long Hedge Example With Options
- G610, Short Hedge Example With Options
- G611, Using Commodity Futures as a Price Forecasting Tool