Alternative Systems for Farrowing in Cold Weather
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
This bulletin addresses alternative systems as a low-cost, efficient solution for farrowing in cold weather. Comparisons of five detailed winter farrowing alternatives is covered. Illustrations, photographs, and tables enhance explanations, offer examples, and provide quick reference to facts.
- Free stalls in retrofitted buildings
- Pasture huts with radiant tube heating
- A Swedish system in a retrofitted building
- A Swedish system in a new buidling
- Greenhouses with radiant tube heating
- Survey of practices at four additional sites
- A hoop within a hoop