Additional help

Check out these helpful websites for more on tree pests:

  • MU Plant Diagnostic Clinic

    • The MU Plant Diagnostic Clinic is a resource providing a wide variety of services anyone can use. Services provided by the lab include tree health diagnosis, diagnosis of issues affecting other plant species, as well as identification of insects, arachnids and plants. Additional information about the lab including fees, submission instructions and forms can be obtained at the MU Plant Diagnostic Clinic website or by contacting the lab at or  573-882-3019.

  • MU Extension

  • Commercial certified arborists

    • International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) certified arborists have the knowledge to identify tree problems and perform tree work correctly. They are held to a code of ethics and are encouraged to follow industry standards. The ISA website, Trees Are Good, is a good place to start to find an ISA arborist near you. Simply click on the Find an Arborist link at the top of the page and follow the instructions.

  • Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) local contact

    • Whether you live in a city or out in the country, the Missouri Department of Conservation has professional foresters in your area to help. In the larger cities, they are called urban foresters. Resource foresters are at your disposal if your property is in a rural area. To find the urban or resource forester nearest you, simply go to the MDC website, select your county from the pull-down menu in the Local Contact box and click Find. You will be directed to all the natural resource professionals servicing your county.